8 Yard Heavyweight Kilt for Men
A prestige 16oz 8 yard Wool Kilt that is hand made in the Border Lands of Scotland. The tartan fabric is produced in the finest mills in Scotland. We do have a large range of tartans available, but if you do not see the tartan you are after, please call our experienced sales team on 01896 208 007.Click here to view the available tartans
8 Yard Heavyweight Kilt for Men
A traditional men’s 8 yard heavyweight kilt that is fully hand stitched in the Scottish Borders. The tartan fabric is produced in the finest mills in Scotland. We do have a large range of tartans available, but if you do not see the tartan you are after, please call our experienced sales team on 01896 208 007, as they will be able to cater to your needs.
The 8 yard heavyweight kilt has the following features
- It's made from 8 yards of heavyweight 16oz tartan fabric
- It has 3 leather kilt belts
- It has 2 belt loops on the back of the kilt which are cut and sewn to match the pattern of the kilt.
- The apron is double fringed
- The kilt is lined with a 100% cotton lining for comfort when wearing.
- Included with your purchase is matching tartan flashes with white garters.
- This is a traditional kilt that will last a lifetime and will become an heirloom in your family.
NOTE: Our 8 yard heavyweight kilts are sent to you with a tacking stitch along the bottom of the pleats to keep the shape of the pleats while in transit. This is easily removable.
The lead time for the traditional hand stitched 8 yard heavyweight kilt is 3-5 weeks. This lead time is based on ordering fabric, cutting the cloth, the time it takes our experienced kilt maker to hand stitch your kilt to your precise measurements, pressing of the kilt, and of course delivery time. We try our best to keep up to date with stock levels at the tartan mills, and they do their best to keep all tartans in stock. However, if the tartan you have selected is temporarily out of stock we will update you accordingly.
If you would like to ensure your tartan is in stock please contact our sales team at 01896 208 007.
We are unable to offer exchange or refund on made to measure items, as it is unlikely that we will be able to resell your made to measure kilt in the tartan that you have chosen. For this reason it is HIGHLY recommended that when measuring yourself, you adhere to the guide below, and remeasure yourself to ensure accuracy. If possible get measured by a seamstress or tailor.
Kilt Measuring Guide
For many, the thought of self measuring for Highland dress may seem quite daunting, but by following a few basic instructions this need not cause concern.There are twogolden rules.
- DO NOT attempt to do this alone. It is essential that you get someone else to do the measuring as it is quite impossible to do this yourself with any degree of accuracy.
- Use a proper tailor's measuring tape. This may sound obvious but you'd be amazed at the number of folk who try to make do with a 6 inch ruler and a piece of string! It never works
Finally, if you need any advice, or are not sure of something, don't hesitate to call our sales team on 01896 208 007.