Old Rare Medium Weight 8 Yard Wool Kilt
A prestige 13oz Old & Rare wool kilt that's beautifully made by hand in the Scottish Borders. To check that your tartan is in stock or to find out when it will be in stock, please call our sales team on 01896 208 007 and they will assist you.
Old and Rare Wool Kilt
A traditional men's Old and Rare wool kilt in medium weight tartan fabric that is fully hand stitched in the Scottish Borders. Many of the tartans that are listed in our Old and Rare wool kilt collection are those that are lesser known and not often requested. For this reason these tartans may not always be in stock, although they are continuously being woven.
To ensure that your tartan is in stock, or to find out when it will be in stock please call our sales team at 01896 208 007, and they will assist you.
This Old and Rare wool kilt had the following features
- Made from 8 yards of medium weight tartan fabric of your choice.
- The kilt has 3 leather kilt belts and 2 belt loops on the back cut and sewn to match the pattern of the kilt.
- The apron is double fringed, and the kilt is lined with a 100% cotton lining for comfort when wearing.
- Included with your purchase is tartan flashes to match along with garters.
- This is a traditional kilt that will last you for years to come and will become an heirloom in your family.
NOTE: Our Old and Rare wool kilts are sent to you with tacking stitches along the bottom of the pleats to keep the shape of the pleats whilst in transit. These are easily removable.
Lead time is 3-5 weeks for our hand stitched traditional Old and Rare wool kilts. This lead time is based on ordering fabric, cutting the cloth, the time it takes our experienced kiltmaker to hand stitch your kilt to your precise measurements, pressing of the kilt, and of course delivery time. We try our best to keep up to date with stock levels at the tartan mills, and they do their best to keep all tartans in stock. However, if the tartan you have selected is temporarily out of stock we will update you accordingly. If you would like to ensure your tartan is in stock please contact our sales team at 01896 208 007.
We are unable to offer an exchange or refund on made to measure items, as it is unlikely that we will be able to resell your made to measure kilt in the tartan that you have chosen. For this reason, it is HIGHLY recommended that when measuring yourself, you adhere to the guide below, and remeasure yourself to ensure accuracy. If possible get measured by a seamstress or tailor.Kilt
For many, the thought of self-measuring for Highland dress may seem quite daunting, but by following a few basic instructions this need not cause concern. There are two golden rules.
- DO NOT attempt to do this alone. It is essential that you get someone else to do the measuring as it is quite impossible to do this yourself with any degree of accuracy.
- Use a proper tailor's measuring tape. This may sound obvious but you'd be amazed at the number of folks who try to make do with a 6-inch ruler and a piece of string!
It never works
Finally, if you need any advice, or are not sure of something, don't hesitate to contact our sales team at 01896 208 007.