Men's 8 Yard Medium Weight Wool Kilt
A prestige 8 yard 13oz wool kilt for men that is hand made in the Scottish Border. We have a large range of tartans available, but if you do not see the tartan you are after, please call our experienced sales team on 01896 208 007.Click here to view the available medium weight tartans.
8 Yard Medium Weight Wool Kilt
A traditional 8 yard medium weight wool kilt for men. This kilt that is fully hand stitched in the Scottish Borders and made from 8 yards of medium weight tartan fabric of your choice. We have a large range of tartans available, but if you do not see the tartan you are after, please contact our experienced sales team at 01896 208 007, as they may be able to cater to your needs.This 8 yard medium weight wool kilt has the following features.
- 3 leather kilt belts
- 2 belt loops on the back of the kilt that have been cut and sewn to match the pattern of the kilt
- The apron is double fringed
- The kilt is lined with a 100% cotton lining for comfort when wearing
- Included with your purchase is tartan flashes to match complete with garters
- This is a traditional kilt that will last you a lifetime
NOTE: Our 8 yard medium weight wool kilt will be sent to you with tacking stitches along the bottom of the pleats to keep the shape of the pleats whilst in transit. These are easily removable.
Lead Time & Delivery
The lead time for our hand stitched traditional 8 yard medium weight wool kilts is 3-5 weeks. This lead time is based on ordering fabric, cutting the cloth, the time it takes our experienced kilt maker to hand stitch your kilt to your precise measurements, pressing of the kilt, and of course delivery time. We try our best to keep up to date with stock levels at the tartan mills, and they do their best to keep all tartans in stock. However, if the tartan you have selected is temporarily out of stock we will update you accordingly.
If you would like to ensure your tartan is in stock please contact our sales team at 01896 208 007.
We are unable to offer exchange or refund on made to measure items, as it is unlikely that we will be able to resell your made to measure kilt in the tartan that you have chosen. For this reason it is HIGHLY recommended that when measuring yourself, you adhere to the guide below, and remeasure yourself to ensure accuracy. If possible get measured by a seamstress or tailor.
Kilt Measuring Guide
For many, the thought of self measuring for Highland dress may seem quite daunting, but by following a few basic instructions this need not cause concern.There are two golden rules.
- DO NOT attempt to do this alone. It is essential that you get someone else to do the measuring as it is quite impossible to do this yourself with any degree of accuracy.
- Use a proper tailor's measuring tape. This may sound obvious but you'd be amazed at the number of folk who try to make do with a 6 inch ruler and a piece of string! It never works
Finally, if you need any advice, or are not sure of something, don't hesitate to contact our sales team at 01896 208 007.